Advanced Digital Threat Assessment® Training
Non-negotiable prerequisite: SST Digital Threat Assessment® training (completed within the past 2 years)
Advanced DTA® builds and expands significantly on the content covered during the prerequisite DTA® training. Participants will gain a concrete understanding of how to select relevant digital information found in real-life Safety / Threat Assessment data gathering scenarios. Working collaboratively through case scenarios based on real-life situations, teams navigate the social media world using familiar and new techniques.
Trainers will share standard operating procedures as participants work towards a final practical assignment by applying tools and lessons learned. Participants will leave feeling confident in their ability to independently establish the Digital Behavioral Baseline of a subject of concern (SOC) and produce a comprehensive report.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The browser extensions vital to conducting online searches
- Application of advanced online investigative tools
- How to establish the Digital Behavioral Baseline of an individual, school, and community
- Online searches for capturing timely and relevant content before it disappears (e.g., impending bomb threat, school lockdown, cyberbullying)
- How to use social media to find a missing person
- How to address online threat-related behaviors and anonymous threats
- How to use law enforcement guides to request user identifying information (preservation and production orders)
- How to configure dashboards: automating searches to save time
- The lesser-known platforms: Gab, 4chan, 8kun, and kiwi farms
- Current best practice for teams addressing school shooting threats, self-harm, sexting/sextortion, and bullying/cyberbullying related incidents
- Crowdsourcing using Twitter geofencing
- Reverse phone/email search
- How to examine the metadata of photos
- Photoshop/error level analysis
- Useful browser add-ons and extensions
Register for virtual training now:
$ 299.00 USD
Login: 7:30 am Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
Session: 8:00 am–2:30 pm Pacific Time (Vancouver, BC)
An email will be sent to attendees 2 business days prior to the event date with the Zoom information to join this session. Please look out for this and check your spam/junk folder in case it is routed there.
The International Center for Digital Threat Assessment® (ICDTA) and Safer Schools Together (SST) reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training. If SST cancels or reschedules training due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of SST, you are entitled to a full refund, but SST is not responsible for travel arrangements, travel fees, or any expenses incurred by you as a result of such cancellation. If SST cancels a training in which you are enrolled, you will be contacted at the email address you provided when registering, so please be sure to provide a valid email address.
Any cancellation or transfer made by a participant needs to be in writing. If the registration fee has already been paid, a credit will be applied for a future training course unless a refund is specifically requested by the agency at the time of cancellation. A $50.00 administrative fee will be applied for any refund processed, and a $25.00 transfer fee will be charged for any transfers between classes or attendees. Any request for a refund must be done 10 days prior to the training date.
If you are interested in learning more about Safer School Together’s customized remote training sessions for your school/district, please contact us at [email protected]